Value Engineering (VE15/16), Master
||Wirtschaftsinformatik Master (PO 2002, PO 2009), Betriebswirtschaftslehre Master (PO 2010), Wirtschaft und Recht Master (PO 2010), Wirtschaftspädagogik Master (PO 2010), Master EFP
Value Engineering offers a systemic insight into the creation of complex systems. Topics like design science, product and service development as well as design and empirical evaluation of hybrid products will be discussed in the lecture and deepened in exercises. Within the exercises, you will form small project teams to use your obtained knowledge in case studies. After completing the course, all participants will be able to analyze systems and to specify customer needs. Furthermore, they will be familiar with performing team-based design processes and validating resulting designs empirically.
Relevant literature is listed in slides.
- Composition of lecture: lecture (2 SWS) and exercise (2 SWS)
- Language of lecture: English
- Start of lecture: CW 43
- End of lecture: end of Winter semester 15/16
- Organisational lecture: Thursday, 22.10. (CW 43), 10:15 am, Room 0.01, C3 1
- CW 44-47: double lectures, i.e. Thursday, 10:15 - 11:45 am and 14:15 - 15:45 pm, Room 0.01, C3 1
- CW 47-51: exercise together with participants of lecture "Web Technologies", Room 0.26, B4 1
- January 2016 - end of semester: single lectures, i.e. Thursday, 10:15 - 11:45 am, Room 0.01, C3 1
- "An App in a Month"
- Development of an app within a month based on a design method
- Interdisciplinary teams consisting of participants of Value Engineering and Web Technologies
- 2 "An App in a Month"- days: Friday, 20.11. and 27.11. (09:00 am - 17:00 pm), Room 0.26, B4 1
- Preliminary presentations of project teams: Friday, 04.12. (09:00 am - 12:00 pm), Room 0.26, B4 1
- Final presentations of project teams: Friday, 18.12. (09:00 am - 12:00 pm), Room 0.26, B4 1
Please register here for the lecture including the exercise. The registration will be open until 13th of November, 2015. For the exam, please register via VIPA.
Registration for the lecture on the ISS learning platform
The lecture covers a module test consisting of an exam (120 minutes) and the review of the exercise. The module grade is composed as follows: 60% exam, 40% exercise.